It’s Official, “The
By Tony Dolz
May 24, 2010
“In the 21st Century we are not defined by our borders but by our bonds” - Barrack Obama, at the Rose Garden, on his welcoming address for
Obama’s foreign policy statement is a departure from the U.S. Constitution which in Article IV, Section 4 reads, “"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."
President Obama’s executive powers do not include the power to re-define or erase the United States borders, nor can he legally or ethically dishonor his Oath to protect and defend the Constitution -regardless the century that we find ourselves in. The president has the Constitutional obligation to protect the border of the state of
During World War II the
Abortions are legal in a number of states but it is illegal in
Obama’s Border Doctrine would also create a tax jurisdiction nightmare. What if Juan Smith’s residence straddle
What would be our citizenship under Obama’s Border Doctrine and what constitutionally protected rights would you have? In the
More fundamentally, what does citizenship mean under the Obama Border Doctrine? Under the Obama Border Doctrine based on “bonds of friendship and trade” citizenship credentials would necessarily become questionable. Citizenship laws vary from country to country. The most common forms of acquiring citizenship are Jus Sanguinis (“blood” right) and Jus Solis (birthplace right). In a number of countries such as
The blurring of our border has begun in
The “bonds of friendship borders” are moving north.
Most pundits whether they advocate for amnesty for illegal aliens or for the enforcement of existing immigration laws agree that the Obama Administration doesn’t have the Democrat Party votes it needs to pass an amnesty bill this year. Amnesty (comprehensive immigration reform) is defined as a law that allows foreigners who have violated our physical borders, committed tax and identity fraud, and unlawfully received tax paid social benefits, among other crimes; and who have jumped the line ahead of lawful immigrants, a pass to stay in the country and keep the jobs they currently hold illegally.
The penalty for violating
The Obama Administration claims that border arrests are down from two years ago, but this has to be tempered by crime and corruption creeping north and a lax attitude about law enforcement from this administration (5). A lower number of arrest may simply mean that less effort is put into sealing the border. Paradoxically, Border Patrol in
The Obama Borders Doctrine would face many legal challenges because of the number of Other Than Mexican (OTM) foreigners that cross the border without authorization. OTMs include foreigners from the government’s list of countries that harbor and train terrorists. Without physical borders we would be unprotected not only from Mexican crime cartels but also from OTM crime and terrorist threats. (7)
Obama enigmatically states that in order to offer 12 or more million illegal aliens amnesty (immigration reform) he needs the support of the Republican Party and Independents. The truth is that Obama counts with a filibuster-proof Democrat Party super-majority in the house and is only one vote short in the Senate. He does not need a single Republican or Independent for a simple majority vote to pass trillion dollar bailouts, mandatory government controlled healthcare, financial reform with exclusions for Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae; and amnesty for illegal aliens. The delays and resistance to easy passage of Obama’s bills expanding the size and cost of the federal government comes from moderate members of the Democrat Party and especially from Party members that face re-election in November of 2010.
Why did President Obama invite
Mexican President Calderon has a lot of explaining to do and so does President Obama and the members of Congress who applauded him in the U.S. Congress. Two people in Obama’s administration who rose to their feet the fastest, stood the straightest and applauded most loudly were Attorney General Eric Holder and Homeland Security Secretary Nancy Napolitano, both of whom have railed against the
John Morton, the Chief of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the agency responsible for enforcing immigration law (he gets his orders from President Obama and Nancy Napolitano), told the Editorial Board of the Chicago Tribune on May 19th, that the Arizona law is “not good government” and that “his agency will not necessarily process illegal immigrants referred to them by Arizona officials” or any similarly situated state. (8)
Obama has repeatedly called the
President Calderon batching of the United States included a swipe at the U.S. citizen’s personal right to own and bear arms which he linked to illegal arms trafficking by crime syndicates through the Mexico/USA border that neither Obama nor Calderon want to protect. What other constitutionally protected right would President Calderon like Congress to deny
While President Calderon scolded the
The Mexican Constitution of 1917 is remarkable by its nationalism, protection of its sovereignty and borders and its strict consideration of who may migrate to
These are Articles covering immigration in the Mexican Constitution of 1917 (9)
· Foreigners are admitted into
· Immigration officials must "ensure" that "immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents. (Article 34)
· Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets "the equilibrium of the national demographics," when foreigners are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," when they do not behave like good citizens in their own country, when they have broken Mexican laws, and when "they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy." (Article 37)
· Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73)
· A National Population Registry keeps track of "every single individual who comprises the population of the country," and verifies each individual's identity. (Articles 85 and 86
· A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91).
· Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116)
· Foreigners who sign government documents "with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses" are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116)
· Foreigners who are deported from
· Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in
· Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population says, "A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally." (Article 123)
· Foreigners who "attempt contempt against national sovereignty or security" will be deported. (Article 126)
· Mexicans who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered criminals under the law: A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)
Is it just me, or does President Obama owe us an apology for suggesting that our borders have become an anachronism in 21st Century America and by allowing a foreign president to criticize the laws that Congress itself has passed.
(9) Mexican Constitution http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_Constitution_of_the_United_Mexican_States