|- Image Credit: The Maine Wire -|
WH WON'T RELEASE PHOTOS OF
Today, the White House officially refused to release photos of US officials during the September 11 terrorist attacks on our consulate in Benghazi, Libya, that ended with the deaths of four Americans. CBS News requested the photos on October 31; the White House has routinely released photos showing members of the Obama administration in their hero poses during national security crises. That happened most famously with pictures of the Obama administration key players clustered into the White House situation room during the raid on Osama Bin Laden’s compound in Pakistan.
The White House told CBS to ask the White House Photo Office; that office then delayed for nearly three weeks. Finally, the Office said they wouldn’t release any photos without the permission of the White House Press Office, which has been utterly unresponsive to this point. CBS News has also not been told any details about the Obama administration’s actions during the Benghazi events.
So much for Obama’s pledged transparency, despite Obama’s words at his bloviating press conference of November 14, 2012:
CONTINUED HERE: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/11/21/White-House-refuses-to-release-Benghazi-photos
CBS News also reports: In addition to the Benghazi images, CBS News has also requested, but not received, details concerning the president's and his staff's decisions during the attacks. Last year reporters were given details of the decision making, timeline and players regarding the Osama bin Laden raid as well as access to certain emails.
CBS News is also seeking drone and ground-level surveillance images and email communications and documents from the night of the Benghazi attacks. So far, none has been provided.
CONTINUED HERE: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57553090/white-house-declines-to-release-images-from-night-of-benghazi-attacks